How To Prepare Your Home For A Showing In 30 Minutes
Preparing your home for a showing in just 30 minutes can be a bit of a whirlwind, but it's certainly possible if you focus on these simple tasks that go a long way in making your home shine. Here's a quick checklist to help you get your home ready for a showing:
- Tidy kids' zones with baskets to contain toys.
- Conceal remotes, keys, and mail in drawers.
- Stow pet toys, food, and bowls.
- Organize shoes on racks.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs.
- Add a throw blanket to the sofa.
- Wipe down countertops.
- Hide laundry.
- Turn on lights and open blinds and curtains - let all the light in!
- Lower toilet seats.
Remember, the goal is to create a clean, neutral, and inviting space for potential buyers to imagine themselves living in. While 30 minutes may not allow for a deep cleaning, these quick steps can significantly improve the impression your home makes during a showing.